I was so sad! I have even seen the movie... the way this was stated was really powerful. You don't realize what is going on until everything got silent:(
I don't think anyone can understand why the Nazis did what they did. In a sense Bruno's father killed him. I think he knew this too. When his father sat down where he had been sitting for all those days and weeks, I think he knew exactly what happened. His clothes, the hole in the fence, his father understood. I think that's why he had to leave Auschwitz. He didn't think that it was so glorious, or important anymore. He had killed thousands of people. Bruno's father realized that he was killing kids just like his own son. All of a sudden it seemed real, and he couldn't handle it.
When i finished The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas of course i was sad but not as sad as i would have been if the author had drawn out Bruno and Shomels death.
It was SAD :( but the father i think deserved it because then he can realize how it feels to loose someone close to you. Jews have to go through it everyday. they loose their family members too. maybe now he can realize that what he is doing is horrible.
This was such a great book to read, but it broke my heart at the end! I couldn't believe it, it felt like we had just met them and then all of a sudden there dead :(
I was really sad when the book ended. The fact that Bruno and Shmuel died made me not like the end. The fact that the boys were holding hands made it even sadder in the end.
I thought that it showed how an incredible amount of people were killed for no reason during the holocaust.
ReplyDeleteI was disgusted by the father, he new what he was doing was wrong and yet he continued to do it. It is his fault Bruno died.
ReplyDeleteI was so sad! I have even seen the movie... the way this was stated was really powerful. You don't realize what is going on until everything got silent:(
ReplyDeleteI thought it was really sad that they both died that way. the holocaust was a terrible thing.
ReplyDeleteI don't think anyone can understand why the Nazis did what they did. In a sense Bruno's father killed him. I think he knew this too. When his father sat down where he had been sitting for all those days and weeks, I think he knew exactly what happened. His clothes, the hole in the fence, his father understood. I think that's why he had to leave Auschwitz. He didn't think that it was so glorious, or important anymore. He had killed thousands of people. Bruno's father realized that he was killing kids just like his own son. All of a sudden it seemed real, and he couldn't handle it.
ReplyDeleteI thought it was funny how the first time they got to play to gather, they ended up in a gas chamber.
ReplyDeleteyeah i agree Conner it is ironic but that is the way of life
ReplyDeleteYa Bruno had it coming to him, it was fate that he went under the fence
ReplyDeleteindeed philosopher you are quite keen on the subject
ReplyDeleteto be honest. that's true.
ReplyDeleteAs are you SIR
ReplyDeleteindeed my good man
ReplyDeleteSo what did you think about Bruno and Shmaul
ReplyDeleteIt was SAAAAAAAAAAD!WAAAAAAAH!I can't beleive that the Nazis would actually kill people like that. That's disgusting. It's awful.
ReplyDeletei just hate the Nazis!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh this book changed the way i look at things in life. and it had an impact on me!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWhen i finished The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas of course i was sad but not as sad as i would have been if the author had drawn out Bruno and Shomels death.
ReplyDeleteharry whod you just quote?
ReplyDeleteThe ending was really sad :( They died together and it was really tragic. How could the Nazis kill little kids like that?
ReplyDeleteIt was SAD :( but the father i think deserved it because then he can realize how it feels to loose someone close to you. Jews have to go through it everyday. they loose their family members too. maybe now he can realize that what he is doing is horrible.
ReplyDeleteThis was such a great book to read, but it broke my heart at the end! I couldn't believe it, it felt like we had just met them and then all of a sudden there dead :(
ReplyDeleteI was really sad when the book ended. The fact that Bruno and Shmuel died made me not like the end. The fact that the boys were holding hands made it even sadder in the end.
ReplyDeleteI was very surprised by the ending of the book. I think if he would have made it a bit longer it could of been more meaningful.
ReplyDeletethe end of the book was so said! i think his dad was very said
ReplyDelete