Friday, February 11, 2011

From a Child's Perspective

Why do you think John Boyne chose to tell this story through Bruno's, a young boy's eyes?

10 comments:

  1. I think that he was trying to show how some innocent people didn't even know what was going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He could make him sound so ignorant...and innocent. It would add more effect like a poor boy oblivious to his surroundings found his way into a gas chamber. It sounds even more terribly awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with mimi, all of the kids didn't have any idea what was going on. He chose to tell the story through Bruno's point of view to tell that he just had to move to a different place for his father's job and he didn't have any idea why. If they didn't want the children to know what was going on, they shouldn't have done it in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I couldn't quite understand how Bruno didn't know what was going on over the fence. At times it was frustrating how ignorant he was. But my mom told me that some people still deny that the Holocaust happened. That's still hard to comprehend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think he chose that perspective because he wanted everyone to view the Holocaust through a young, oblivious, boy's eyes. Also because he want people to see how children thought of the fences and people on either sides.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that the author did that because he wanted to show that some people actually didn't know what was going on, like Bruno. Yeah, Bruno was only nine, but he was living right next to a camp, and he was oblivious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The author, John Boyne, made this story from Bruno's perspective because it told the story in a better view, with all of his thoughts included.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the author told the story from a little kid's point of view because Bruno didn't really understand what was going on and it's hard for most people to understand how awful the Holocaust was.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bruno is a child, who knows nothing about what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It not only shows how concentration camps ripped innocence out of peoples lives, it shows how age affects decisions.

    ReplyDelete